Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lunch and Snack for Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I was out at breakfast time and resisted the temptation to get cheap, stinky fast food or even expensive, a little better for a little longer waiting time food.

But I did a little shopping and picked up some whole wheat tortillas, monterey jack cheese (thought about getting pepper jack, but passed -- this time), packaged canadian bacon and some ground beef. I had eggs at home. Mixed it all up with some salsa and ... Well, had I put in six eggs instead of two, my proportions might've been okay. I like beef, and overdid it just a little. But I had two wraps that were heftier than any breakfast burrito I've had before.

Lesson learned: Don't overdo it, especially when it's supposed to be a meal for one, and it isn't something you want left over.

Snack in the afternoon was microwave mac-n-cheese using leftover penne from yesterday, american cheeses (the brick from Costco, not the icky wrapped singles from Kraft) and some milk. It was a light snack, so I resisted the urge to add more. Plus I remembered the burritos. Didn't overdo it.

No comments:

Post a Comment