Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Drinks with Maple Syrup

Yesterday I a warm bottle of soda that I put in the freezer for a half hour.
This morning, I had a frozen bottle of soda that I'd forgotten to take out of the freezer.

It thawed in the fridge for an hour and then on the counter in the heat for a while. When I opened it ... okay, that was a little messy. It was also a little flat. And still a little frozen. What to do? Make an ice cream soda.

A scoop of vanilla bean in a tall glass and then the soda and stirred with a straw. Not quite there. Wasn't sweet enough. So I added a little maple syrup from the fridge and that did the trick. Hit the spot on a hot day.

This afternoon, I had a plain, hot coffee from Starbucks. Not something I usually (read: "ever") do. I put five ice cubes in a glass, added some milk, and poured the coffee. I was about to add some sugar when I remembered the maple syrup. Nice.
Homemade iced coffee. Almost homemade. Well, it was cheaper than if I'd had Starbucks do it.

Long live maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment