Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer is Coming

To steal a phrase from A Game of Thrones, Summer is Coming.

Time for me to get back to work. Not that I stopped, I just didn't have the time for experimenting like I did last year. I still cooked when I wanted to and when the opportunities presented themselves. I just didn't write about it. Kind of like the six or seven posts I meant to write last August.

I've already made one creation, which was as much a mess as anything else. I'll talk about it next time.

Right now is a reminder to get those simple tools you need or buy those few ingredients that you like to use.

I generally use a small cast-iron frying pan because it's the only one I own. The rest belong to my wife, and I don't like to use them if I think I'm going to mess them up. Well, now I know that I either have to use them or buy a bigger pan for myself. I'll make less of a mess that way.

I've also noticed that cooking for one isn't cheap if you don't want a lot of leftovers. But it can be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment