Friday, July 4, 2014

Another Summer (July 4th!) Celebration -- We've Got Ribs

I'm back for another summer, and maybe I'll update, and maybe I won't. But I'll start with this picture while the oven is preheating:

Why the oven on the Fourth of July? Well, it looks like a hurricane is about to pass by outside. Besides, that what my recipe calls for. And that's why I started doing this before seven in the morning!

I'm cheating here, a little. I made these on Mothers Day, so I have a little practice. And I had nearly half the rub remaining. I added some more brown sugar to tone down the spiciness because of the guests coming later (and because there wasn't enough, of course).

The beef ribs are from Costco. They were good the last time. Let's hope history repeats itself.

Speaking of history: Happy Fourth of July! Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment